CHPS provides 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring using Spacelabs Healthcare equipment. The service is provided by experienced nephrology physician and nursing staff who will coordinate the visit and place the monitor, instruct the subject/families, upload the data, prepare study reports and perform other necessary tasks. Interpretation of results will also be available. Use of any CHPS service requires a new protocol submission via eCHPS.
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring: Professional Interpretation of Test Results
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring: Test
How to access the ABPM Core
- Make sure CHOP Research Institute’s eTRACK billing plan reflects the ABPM is being performed by the CHPS. You must also have full approval from IRB and CHPS prior to scheduling.
- Obtain an appointment time from CHOP Nephrology Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring Coordinator, Joann Panus, at PANUS [at] EMAIL.CHOP.EDU or call 215-590-6825. Once the coordinator confirms availability, please send Outlook meeting invite for date and time needed to Joann. Provide this information:
a. CHPS/IRB number
b. PI name
c. Patient name
d. Patient DOB
- Research subjects must be registered in eTRACK (but not scheduled. Stephanie Jefferson will schedule on her own calendar). Use your Active Directory User Name and Password when signing into eTRACK.
- Subjects only need to be “registered” once (if previously registered schedule directly with Stephanie Jefferson)
- In eTRACK Participant Tracking: Complete section 1.0 participant information and section 2.0 legal guardian information, and #1 of section 3.0 screening information. Answer “no” to section 3.0 #2
- If other CHPS services are needed on same visit date answer yes to section 3.0 #2 and note ‘reg only’ for this line item
Kevin Meyers, MD, CHPS ABPM Core Director, meyersk [at] email.chop.edu, x42449
John Krall, CHPS Administrator, KRALLJ [at] EMAIL.CHOP.EDU, x51790
Joann Panus, ABPM coordinator, PANUS [at] EMAIL.CHOP.EDU, x46825
Barbara Maersch, Nephrology Manager, MAERSCHB [at] EMAIL.CHOP.EDU, x44612
Updated August 2018