The Center for Human Phenomic Science (CHPS) is staffed by experienced, qualified research nurses for inpatient and outpatient activities. The nurses, medical assistants and lab techs support a wide variety of research protocols. CHOP CHPS Nursing support is available at two outpatient locations at the Wood Building and 3550 Market Street, the CHPS Inpatient Unit on 5 West, and other CHOP inpatient units as necessary. All studies require IRB and CHPS approval before CHPS services can be provided.
CHPS offers a variety of services, including:
- Intensive Pharmokinetics
- Tests requiring frequent blood draws: Oral or IV glucose tolerance tests, Mixed meal tolerance tests
- YSI 2950 biochemistry analysis of lactate and glucose
- Experimental drug monitoring and management
- Patient assessment and monitoring
- Study implementation
- Assistance with protocol start-up
- Laboratory processing
- Laboratory shipping
Each study's charges are based on an hourly rate - charge based on actual staff time involved in each encounter; Below are examples of some service charges:
- Phebotomy only
- Specimen collection/processing/shipping
- Specimen shipping only
- 12 hour Pharmacokinetic study with 8 blood draw timepoints: approximately 2 hours of nursing time
- Please contact Audrey Kamrin, MSN, CHPS Nurse Manager, at 215-590-3110 or kamrin [at] email.chop.edu when planning use of Nursing services.
- Please Contact John Krall, Administrative Director, at 267-425-1790 or krallj [at] email.chop.edu, for cost of core services.
Updated May 2018