- All studies require IRB and CHPS approval before CHPS services can be provided. Click here for CHPS eTRACK instructions.
- Contact Audrey Kamrin, CHPS Nurse Manager, at x43239, email: Kamrin [at] email.chop.edu when planning use of Nursing Inpatient, Scatterbed or Outpatient services, including Specimen Collection/Processing/Shipping Core.
- Nursing procedures and sample collection are performed Monday through Friday 7:30 AM to 4:30 PM at the Main hospital and Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 3:30 PM at 3550 Market Street unless arrangements have been made for a later arrival time; Off hour and/or *weekend requests should be discussed with the Nurse Manager, but are not routinely provided and is dependent on demand and staff availability.
- A minimum of three subjects must be scheduled in order for weekend services to be provided. If the minimum number are not scheduled by the Monday prior to the weekend the session will be canceled. For all services a study team member must accompany the subject to the CHPS.
- Please contact the CHPS Nurse Manager if you are requesting special services on a Saturday. These would include IV placement, infusions, complicated processing and shipping. Please note that if such nursing services are required, the principal investigator (or physician designee) must be in-house during the visit. If you are unsure if a Saturday would be appropriate for your study please contact us at 4-3110 to review your request.
The CHPS Outpatient Nursing area is open on the following Saturday dates:
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Saturday, July 15, 2017
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Saturday, September 16, 2017
Saturday, October 21, 2017
Saturday, November 18, 2017
Saturday, December 16, 2017
- CHPS approved protocols are invoiced for nursing and/or phlebotomy services (with exception of certain training grant studies). Industry initiated studies are charged for staff time as well as "space" utilization and a charge for supplies.
- Please Contact John Krall, Administrative Director - x42215 or x51790, for cost of core services.
- Investigators are asked to meet with the Nurse Manager to discuss your protocol at least 2 weeks prior to registering and scheduling subjects.
- A Manual of Operations is required to ensure the correct processing of samples when specimen processing services are requested.
- Changes in procedures and processes to be followed by CHPS staff must be documented in writing and be approved by the IRB if the protocol and/or consent have been revised.
- Conference Room space adjacent to and/or in the Outpatient Unit is available for the study team to conduct subject interviews but must be reserved using eTRACK. Conference or exam room space must on the resource request. Industry funded protocols will pay for the use of CHPS space. Research subjects must be registered and scheduled in eTRACK; please go to the Clinical Trial Financial Management intranet site for instructions. You can access your eTRACK study through the eIRB or eCHPS workspace or log into eTRACK using your Active Directory User name and password. Instructions to access eTRACK can be found here.
- Study Coordinators are asked to meet study subjects at the CHPS outpatient area at the time of the subject's appointment.
- As our Outpatient space is tight, we ask that study team members have the research subject wait outside while the team member signs in the subjects and notifies the CHPS Staff that the subject has arrived.
- To ensure timely collection of samples, please be sure that your subjects are ready for the CHPS Nursing staff to perform phlebotomy.